Property Loss/Damage: Undetermined
Property Saved: Undetermined
- SBFD units responded to a report of a child stuck between a wall and an electric rolling gate.
- Upon arrival, the first unit found a large crowd gathered attempting to free the child that was hanging about 6 feet off the ground on an electric apartment complex rolling gate.
- It took approximately 20 minutes to free the child by cutting away surrounding wrought iron fencing.
- It did appear that the child was initially impaled on the wrought iron fence.
- Upon extrication, it was determined that the child had actually been pinned in between 1/4" steel and wrought iron ornamental spikes with no penetration.
- The wrought iron portion of the fence was bent due to the pressure exerted on it by the childs body.
- The child was last seen by fire crews in stable condition at a local area hospital.