Sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the Nation’s forests and
grasslands to meet the needs of present and future generations.
Forest Service Values:
The Forest Service—
• Cares for the Nation’s forest and grassland ecosystems.
• Values the varied skills and contributions of a diverse workforce.
• Strives for accountability by every employee for the efficient
management of the capital resources he or she uses.
• Is responsive to national and local interests.
• Is focused on the needs of future generations.
See the whole plan at: .PDF file - http://www.fs.fed.us/publications/strategic/fs-sp-fy07-12.pdf
Wildfires Today - United States Wildland Fire News today: "USFS Strategic Plan: FY 2007–2012