All further updates at: Canyon Fire CA-SQF-3564 9,820 acres, 75% contained.
Road closures are still in effect on Old Kern Canyon Road.
KCFD fire investigators are requesting public help. At the start of the fire on Sunday there were several parked cars along Hwy 178 taking photographs of the fire. Investigators would like to see those pictures. They can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Evacuations are in effect for the area of Meyers Canyon, south of Bodfish Canyon Rd at the junction of Rocky Rd. Advisory evacuations are in place for Meyers Canyon north of this area and also the community of Havilah. The evacuation center is at the Kern River Valley Veterans/Senior Center, 6405 Lake Isabella Blvd., Lake Isabella
Canyon Fire Stats (9.16.2010 @ 08:00 A.M.)
Incident Name: Canyon Incident Location: 7 miles West of Bodfish Start
Date & Report Time: 9/12/2010 @ 2:00 P.M.
Fire Information Line: 1-951-225-4510 or 211
Acres: 8,149 Containment: 65%
Expected Containment: 9/19/2010
Structures Threatened: 250 Structures Destroyed: 1 Structures Damaged: 0
Cause: Under Investigation
If you have any information on the fire please contact 1-877 FIRE-TIP or 1-877-347-3847
Total Personnel: 1565 Injuries: 4
Fire Engines: 15 Helicopters: 10 Fire Crews: 34 Airtankers: 11 Water Tenders: 11 Bulldozers: 4
The Canyon Fire started September 12, 2010 at approximately 2:00pm in Lake Isabella, Ca. Initial assessment and attack began immediately by Kern County Fire, US Forest Service and BLM. Unified command was established with Kern County Fire, U.S Forrest Service and BLM. Southern Central Sierra Interagency Incident Management Team assumed command of the fire on September 13, 2010 at 6:00P.M. Estimated date of containment is September 19.
• Continued air support of line construction and improvement; continue mop-up operations.
• Hand and engine crews are in place for structure protection along with air support.
• Steep ground and active fire are still major concerns. Air resources continue to play a key role in keeping the fire away from high risk areas. Some damage was sustained by the 66 KV power lines; local power company has started repairs.
• Area South of Bodfish Canyon road (Myers Canyon) and Rocky point in the community of Bodfish
• In the community of Havila
Life and safety is priority and evacuations were established. A shelter has been established in Lake Isabella Senior Center. To contact the Lake Isabella shelter, please use 1-661-333-0265. A second shelter center has been established in Twin Oaks at the community church, which is located at 16115 Caliente Creek road. Twin Oaks church is also available for small and large animal sheltering, if you need to contact the shelter please call 1-661-867-2550.
• Bodfish Canyon road and Caliente Bodfish road is closed from Bodfish to Havila
• Old Kern Canyon road
Cooperating Agencies: South Central Sierra Incident Management Team, Kern County Fire, U.S. Forest Service, B.L.M., K.C.S.O., C.H.P., Cal Trans.
|Kern County Canyon Fire location map|
|Canyon Fire CA-SQF-3564 - Kern County Wildfire 2010 Wildfires|
HOT SPOT and PERIMETER MAP
8149 acres, 65% contained
Increased acreage due to burning operations
Canyon Fire News and Notes:
- 250 structures are threatened, 1 structure destroyed.
- 1,095 personnel assigned now
- Road closures are still in effect on Old Kern Canyon Road.
- An evacuation center has been established at the Kern River Valley Veteran’s/Senior Center.
- Evacuations remain in effect for the area of Meyer’s Canyon south of Bodfish Canyon Rd. at Junction of Rocky Rd. Advisory evacuations are in place from Meyer’s Canyon north in the community of Havala.
- Almost 30 people spent the night in the Red Cross Shelter, at the Lake Isabella Senior Center, due to the Canyon Fire in the Bodfish and Havilah area.
- SCE is currently working to restore power to the damaged electrical transmission line and the community of Havala.
WX: SHOWERS IN THE SIERRA LATE SUNDAY NIGHT IN THE FORECAST.
Air Resources: AT's- 05, 74, 75, 76, 78, 20, 22, 27, 43, 45, 55 -
Reload WJF, PTV
Scanner Frequencies :
Command - NIFC Com. 4 - 166.6125
Air - 168.6375 / 123.450
A/G - 171.1375
A/A - 122.925 / 122.975
Airbase Victor - 123.975
Flight Following - 168.650
Helos - 126.675 / 127.775
More web information:
Kern County Incident page: link
Inciweb: Link -http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2124/
wildlandfire.com/hotlist/ Incident Link
Tags: Kern County, Sequoia National Park, Sisikyou NF, wildfire