Incident OverviewLocation: The proposed burn area is located off Italian Bar Road 0.5 miles south of Deer Creek along Forest Road 3N24.
Total acreage 280 acres.
- Outcomes of the Crandall Understory Burn (reduction of flammable forest fuels):
- Provides for public safety by creating a fuel break which allows fire crews the ability to safely engage fires and extinguish them
- Lessens the impacts of large wildfires
- Helps to create a more resilient productive ecosystem by recycling of nutrients and reduces the competition for water and those nutrients
- Reduces the number of ladder fuels which can lead to crown fires
- Increases opportunities for wildlife by creating a mosaic pattern of vegetation
Incident Type Prescribed Fire
Date of Origin Wednesday November 06th, 2013 approx. 08:00 AM
Location Mi-Wok Ranger District
Size 115 acresResources: 1 hotshot crew, 1: 7 person handcrew, 3 engines, 1: 1,500 gallon watertender, 2: 1,500 gallon collapsible water tanks, misc. overhead and a lookout.Remarks: Fire personnel are continuously monitoring weather conditions and are lighting when conditions are favorable. Firefighters are securing the previously burned portions of the understory burn and allowing interior fuels to consume.
Smoke: Forest Service are in constant contact with Tuolumne County Air Pollution Control District and are monitoring the smoke conditions.---------------------------------------------