Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The transcript and recording: Amanda Berry's 9-1-1 call

Listen to Amanda Berry's 9-1-1 call to police.
 The transcript
5:51:59 p.m.
Dispatcher: Cleveland 9-1-1
Amanda Berry: Hello police. Help me. I'm Amanda Berry. 
Dispatcher: You need police, fire or ambulance? 
Berry: I need police 
Dispatcher: OK. And what's going on there? 
Berry: I've been kidnapped. And I've been missing for 10 years. And I'm here. I'm free now. Dispatcher: OK and what's your address? 
Berry: 2207 Seymour Avenue 
Dispatcher: 2207 Seymour? It looks like you're calling me from 2210. 
Berry: Huh 
Dispatcher: It looks like you're calling me from 2210. 
Berry: I can't hear you 
Dispatcher: It looks like you're calling me from 2210 Seymour. 
Berry: Yeah. I'm with somebody. I'm using their phone. 
Dispatcher: OK. Stay there with those people. Talk to the police when they get there. 
Berry: OK. Uh ... Uh. 
Dispatcher: OK. Talk to the police when they get there. 
Berry: OK. (pause) Hello 
Dispatcher: Yeah. Talk to the police when they get there. 
Berry: OK. Are they on their way right now? I need them now. 
Dispatcher: We're going to send them as soon as we get a car open. 
Berry: No. I need them now, before he gets back. 
Dispatcher: All right. We're sending them, OK? 
Berry: OK. I mean like ... 
Dispatcher: Who's the guy you're trying. ... Who's the guy who went out? 
Berry: Uh. His name is Ariel Castro. 
Dispatcher: How old is he? 
Berry: He's like 52. 
Dispatcher: All right ... 
Berry: I'm Amanda Berry. I've been on the news for the last 10 years. 
Dispatcher: OK. OK. I got that dear. I already ... 
Berry: (inaudible) 
Dispatcher: Yeah. I've got that. And what was his name again? 
Berry: Ariel Castro. 
Dispatcher: And is he white, black or Hispanic? 
Berry: Hispanic. 
Dispatcher: What's he wearing? 
Berry: I don't know, because he's not here right now. That's how I got away ... 
Dispatcher: When he left, what was he wearing? 
Berry: (inaudible) 
Dispatcher: OK. The police are on the way. Talk to them when they get there. 
Berry: OK. I need ... OK. 
Dispatcher: OK. I told you they were on their way. Talk to them when they get there, OK? 
Berry. All right. OK. 
Dispatcher: Thank you. 
Berry: Bye
---------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAL FIRE NEWS LOVES COMMENTS...
- Due to rampant abuse, we are no longer posting anonymous comments. Please use your real OpenID, Google, Yahoo, AIM, Twitter, Flickr name.


Twitter Buttons

****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." --Abraham Lincoln

View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE

Subscribe via email to California Fire News - Keep track of Cal Fire News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner