Mandatory Evacuation Order
Incident: North Pass Wildfire
Released: 30 min. ago
North Pass Fire Map (PDF 507 kb)
For Immediate Release- August 21, 2012 1:45 PM
Effective Immediately- The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office has issued a Mandatory Evacuation Order for any and all residents of the following areas:
- Indian Dick Road (USFS Road M1), east of the Town of Covelo, all residents on Indian Dick Road from the intersection of Mendocino Pass Road (USFS Road FH7), north, to the Trinity County Line and East to the Tehama County Line.
- This order includes all residences and USFS campsites at Howard Lake Campground, Little Doe Campground, and Hammerhorn Lake Campground.
- Blands Cove Road, east of the Town of Covelo, from the start of the Traveler's Home Wilderness Trail Head, north to the Trinity County Line.
- Blands Cove Road
- Indian Dick Road (USFS Road M1) will be closed to all non-emergency traffic in the areas noted above.
- Anyone displaced by this evacuation order can contact the American Red Cross for housing assistance at (707)463-0112 or (855)891-7325.
- Anyone having questions regarding this order can contact the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office at (707)463-6536.