|Mill Fire Perimeter Map|
- Evacuations and Closures
- Evacuations are in effect for the communities of Fouts Springs, Bonnie View, and Board Camp Springs and campgrounds within the Upper Letts Lake area.
- Portions of the community of Stonyford are under voluntary evacuation,
- The Fouts Spring Road (The M10 Road) is closed at Stonyford.
- The Goat Mountain Road is closed at the Stonyford Lodoga Road.
- An Advisory has been issued to residents west of the Stonyford Lodoga Road between Stonyford and Goat Mountain Road to be prepared for a possible evacuation.
- An Area Closure is in effect for the Mendocino National Forest for all roads, trails, recreational facilities within the Grindstone Ranger District.
Incident Type - Wildfire
Cause - Under Investigation
Date of Origin - Saturday July 07th, 2012 approx. 12:00 AM
Location - 10 miles west of Stonyford, CA
Incident Commander - Joe Molhoek - Northern California Team 2
Total Personnel - 1,317
Size - 16,000 acres Percent Contained - 35%
Estimated Containment Date - Friday July 20th, 2012 approx. 12:00 AM
Fuels Involved - The fire is burning in timber (litter and understory) and heavy mixed brush.
Fire Behavior - Active fire behavior occurred throughout the night above 4,000 feet elevation. Below 4,000 feet overnight fire behavior was moderate where good humidity recovery occurred.
Significant Events - Resources continued to secure and mop up on the north flank of the fireline. Crews continued to complete line construction and mop up within the northwest flank of the fire. Along the south and east flank, resources continued to scout and construct direct control line. Indirect line continued to be improved on the south flank.
Outlook / Planned Actions - Firefighters will maintain control lines in place continuing to secure and mop up along the north and northwest flanks of the fire. As conditions allow fire fighters will attempt to construct direct line on the south and east flanks of the fire's active edge. Indirect control lines continue to be improved. Structure protection within the communities of Fouts Springs and Stonyford continues.
Growth Potential - The Mill Fire has high potential for growth.
Terrain Difficulty - The difficulty of the terrain is high.
Remarks - Continued construction and improvement of indirect and direct line is planned for the South flank of the fire as accessibility and fire behavior permit. Residences in Fouts Springs, Board Camp Springs and Stonyford have been threatened by the fire. Five outbuildings have been confirmed destroyed during the inital fire spread on July 8. California Fire News 2012