The wind driven fire burnt downhill and to the south along the west side of the highway in very steep rocky terrain.
- Last Updated:
- Date/Time Started: Thursday January 12th, 2012 approx. 11:14 PM
- Administrative Unit:
- IC: Howes
- Location: SR18 s/o SR138
- Acres Burned: 15
- Fuels: Chaparral and light grass
- Containment: 15 acres
- Conditions: Fire burning downhill away from the highway
- Structure Threats: No
- Special Hazards: Steep rocky terrain.
- Road Closures: State Route 18 is closed from State Route 138 below Crestline to 40th Street in the City of San Bernardino. Alternate routes are State Route 138 via Interstate 15 or State Route 330 via Highland.
- Evacuations: No, Residents in Waterman Canyon can come and go without restrictions in their community.
- Cause: Vehicle Accident
- Cooperating Agencies:
- Resources: 400 personnel, 32 Engines2 Crews on scene, 8 additional on order
3 water tenders
- Air Resources:
- Injuries: A US Forest Service firefighter has suffered a possible fractured ankle in the course of battling the blaze.
- Weather Info: 30 mph NE, 7% RH
- RR Link:
- Agency Link: Inciweb Link