A quick afternoon summary of major California wildland fire incidents today
|Map: Quick look California Wildfires Today|
Old Fire, CA-LAC-160799, Los Angeles County, LRA
Threat to SRA
Location: Mullholland Road and Old Topanga Rd. Calabasas
Update 1200 6/5/16: 516 acres, 30% contained.
- · Multiple homes threatened, several damaged
- · Mandatory evacuation, evacuation center is Calabasas High School
- · People go to High School, animals to the Northwest Baseball Field
- · 1 structure destroyed, additional structures have been reported to have damage.
Central Sierra Type 2 IMT (Mills) in command
Location: Chimney Peak Wilderness FRA
Update 1200 6/5/16: 1826 acres, 90% Contained.
- Preparations underway to transition to a BLM Type 3 organization, tentatively on 6/6/16.
- The only activity today was interior heat while conducting mop up.
- Federal commitment of air and ground resources.
McGuire CA-FHL in command
Location: Fort Hunter-Liggett, FRA
Update 1200 6/5/16: 3000 acres, 70% contained.
- Moderate to rapid rate of spread and short range spotting.
- Reinforce western flank to minimize spread potential.
- Federal commitment of air and ground resources
- [no morning 209 received]
Location: 7 miles Northeast of the Cuyama community
Update 1200 6/5/16: 2,003 acres, 80% Contained.
- Fire behavior Minimal
- Single digit RHs
Unified Command with Cal Fire.
Location: North of Fort Hunter Liggett, in the Ventana Wilderness. FRA
Mission north of Milpitas, north of Hunter Liggett
IC: Harris (USFS), Herrera (Cal Fire)
Update 1200 6/5/16: 3,500 acres, 0% contained
· Fire behavior, Active.
· Fire will become extreme as the day goes on.
· Multiple residences out in front of the fire.
· Sheriffs office placed reversed 911 to residences in the area for evacuations. Not all residences have evacuated at this time.
· Type 1 team has been activated (McGowan).
Temecula Fire, CA-RRU-067665, Riverside County, SRA
Location: I-15 South of Temecula Parkway, south of Temecula community,
Update 1200 6/5/16: 70 acres, Heavy Brush, 30% Contained
· ROS Decreased through the day into the night. Minimal fire activity with creeping and smoldering into drainages.
· Keep fire within current containment lines, mop up interior, continue to construct and improve handline.
Pala Fire, CA-MVU-012932, San Diego County, SRA
Location: Pala-Temecula Rd X Rancho Heights, south of Temecula,
Update 1200 6/5/16: 70 acres, brush, 75% Contained
· Forward spread stopped
· Evacuations and road closures lifted