Twitter Buttons

Friday, October 23, 2015

CAL OES News: FEMA Public Assistance Applicant Briefings in Lakeport and San Andreas

Public Assistance Applicant Briefings in Lakeport and San Andreas


SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services will conduct applicant briefings in Lakeport Monday and in San Andreas Wednesday to inform representatives of local government agencies and certain private nonprofits how to file requests for assistance with losses caused by the Butte and Valley fires in Lake and Calaveras counties.

Release date:
October 23, 2015
Release Number: 023

SACRAMENTO, Calif.
 – The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services will conduct applicant briefings in Lakeport Monday and in San Andreas Wednesday to inform representatives of local government agencies and certain private nonprofits how to file requests for assistance with losses caused by the Butte and Valley fires in Lake and Calaveras counties.
Affected local governments in the two counties are able to apply for Public Assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to fund 75 percent of the approved costs for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, restoration or replacement of damaged public facilities.
Public Assistance may also be provided for damage to facilities owned by certain private non-profit organizations that operate and maintain educational, utility, emergency, medical, custodial care and other essential governmental-type service facilities.
California provides a cost share of 75 percent of the remaining 25 percent to local government.
Lake County Public Assistance Applicant Briefing - Monday, Oct. 26, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Lake County Board of Supervisors Chambers - 225 North Forbes St., Lakeport, CA 95453
Calaveras County Public Assistance Applicant Briefing - Wednesday, Oct. 28, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Calaveras County Board Chambers - 891 Mountain Ranch Rd, San Andreas, CA 95429.
For reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities please contact Tamara Scott-Smith at (916) 845-8245 ortamara.scott-smith@caloes.ca.gov. Every effort will be made to honor an accommodation request, but last minute requests may be difficult to fill.
For updated information on California’s wildfire recovery, survivors may visit: caloes.ca.gov or FEMA.gov/disaster/4240 and follow us on Twitter @Cal_OES & @femaregion9 and at Facebook.com/CaliforniaOES & Facebook.com/FEMA.
FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.

###

Twitter links

-
****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.
View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE