Quick Look Current California Wildfires Today 9/15/14
|Coulson's C-130Q Tanker 131 makes a retardant drop two ridges over on the Silverado Fire yesterday.|
Credit: w/ Steve Whitby U.S. Forest Service using 100-400 Canon zoom lens
RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM TUESDAY FOR THE MOUNTAINS AND ADJACENT FOOTHILLS OF LOS ANGELES...VENTURA...AND SANTA BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS DUE TO VERY HOT AND UNSTABLE CONDITIONS WITH MODERATELY LOW HUMIDITIES..
PLEASE ADVISE THE APPROPRIATE OFFICIALS OR FIRE CREWS IN THE FIELD OF THIS RED FLAG WARNING.
|FIRE WEATHER MAP|
OSCC - SOUTH OPS
Courtney Fire, CA-MMU-016429, Madera County
320 acres, 20% Contained
Type 3 IC (Cheek). Unified Command with Madera County Sheriff’s Office, Madera County Roads,
PG&E, Sierra Telephone Company and CHP.
- Multiple structures damaged
- Evacuations centers are established in Oakhurst and North Folk areas,
- Reverse 9-1-1 being conducted by Madera County Sheriff’s Office
- Road closure on Road 222 and Road 426 to Suncrest Road.
- Damage to PG&E infrastructure including lines and transformers. Threat to recreational campgrounds along Bass Lake.
Silverado Fire, CA-CNF-2873, Orange County, FRA
SO CAL Type 2 IMT (Garwood) Unified Command with CNF, OCFA and CALFIRE.
- 250 residents remain under minimal threat in Silverado and Ladd Canyons
- All evacuation orders lifted. Re-population of evacuated areas has begun.
- Fire remains threat to power lines that supply Orange County/San Diego with power.
- Power had been restored to the residents of Silverado Canyon.
Meadow Fire, CA-YNP-00101, Mariposa County, FRA
4,772 acres, 80% contained.
Type 2 Central Sierra IMT 2 (Cooper)
- Fire beginning transitional planning to return incident back to the Yosemite National Park
- Crews continue to patrol containment lines and hotspots as needed.
- As containment lines are met, crews are being placed in demob status.
Conway Fire, CA-OVD-001333, Mono County, FRA and SRA
50 acres, 75% contained
Type 3 IC (Ray)
Temp 46°, RH 74%, winds NW 4 mph
ONCC - NORTH OPS
King Fire, CA-AEU King Fire
- Critical rates of spread with long range spotting.
- Significant threat to the White Meadows, Spring Valley, Camino and Pollock Pines communities.
- Mandatory evacuation orders are in place.
July Complex, CA-KNF July Complex
Happy Camp Complex, CA-KNF Happy Camp Complex
Black Fire, CA-MEU Black Fire
- Fire behavior moderated allowing for significant gains in perimeter control.
- Road closures have been lifted and repopulation of evacuated areas has occurred.
- Minimal fire behavior.
- Demob of excess resources continues.