Incident Commander: Battalion Chief Nathan Cooke (909) 384-5401
Time of call: 02:23 P.M.
Location: 22662 Court Street
Number of units: 10 Medic Engines, 3 Truck Companies, 3 Chief Officers
Number of firefighters: 39 Firefighters and 3 Chief Officers
Property Loss/Damage: UndeterminedProperty Saved: Undetermined
- SBFD units responded to a residential structure fire at 2:24 PM.
- Upon arrival, the first unit reported heavy smoke and fire issuing from the rear of a single-family residential structure.
- Due to poor housekeeping and the large amount of combustibles to the rear of the structure, the fire rapidly spread to the living portion of the home and two outbuildings on the property.
- One family member was home at the time but escaped prior to the fire departments arrival.
- One kitten was saved during the firefight.
- The fire was fully extinguished in 30 minutes. Fire crews and investigators remained on scene mopping up hot spots and investigating the cause for another hour and a half.
- 2 adults have been displaced and are being assisted by family members.
- Fire cause is still under investigation.
SBCFD Blog: http://sbcityfire.blogspot.com/2013/10/firefighters-rescue-kittens-during.html