Friday, July 5, 2013

Kern County: Hero firefighter: 'I grabbed her ankles, and I just pulled her out' - Firefighter Paul Abarquez tore a hole in the woman's house with his bare hands

TEHACHAPI, Calif. (KBAK/KBFX) -- A woman remains hospitalized with severe burns, a day after a Kern County firefighter rescued her from her Tehachapi home.

Firefighter Paul Abarquez tore a hole in the woman's house with his bare hands when he heard screaming. The fire erupted around 6:30 a.m. Sunday at a home on the 21200 block of Mission Street.

"I just started grabbing, and I just ripped a piece off, and it just happened to be right where she was," Abarquez said Monday. "so, I looked in, I saw her feet, I grabbed her ankles, and I just pulled her out, and in one swoop she came out."

The woman, who is around 40-years-old, was taken by air ambulance to a burn center for treatment. Her name was withheld.

The fire department hasn't said what caused the fire.

Source: http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Hero-firefighter-I-grabbed-her-ankles-and-I-just-pulled-her-out-213992741.html?
---------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here! I enjoyed reading this post. It is good to install a Fire And Alarm System for safety reasons in your house and officess. Take a look for more options.

    ReplyDelete

CAL FIRE NEWS LOVES COMMENTS...
- Due to rampant abuse, we are no longer posting anonymous comments. Please use your real OpenID, Google, Yahoo, AIM, Twitter, Flickr name.


Twitter Buttons

****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." --Abraham Lincoln

View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE

Subscribe via email to California Fire News - Keep track of Cal Fire News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner