Policies/Procedures/Protocols Effective July 1st, 2012
Quick Summary of EDCEMSA Policy Changes effective July 1, 2012
July 2012 Policy And Procedure Manual Table of Contents
Refusal of Care and/or Transportation July 2012
Determination of Death July 2012
EMS Aircraft July 2012
Patients Under a 5150 Hold July 2012
Physical Restraint July 2012
Guidelines for Interfacility Transfer of 5150 Patients July 2012
ALS Unit Minimum Equipment Inventories July 2012
Routine Medical Care July 2012
King Airway Device July 2012
Intraosseous Infusion July 2012
Tourniquet for Hemorrhage Control July 2012
Prehospital Protocols Table of Contents July 2012
Stroke July 2012
Crush Syndrome July 2012
2012-2013 Drug Formulary
January 2012 Protocol UpdateALS Unit Inventories 2012Bradycardia 2012EMS Communications 2012Pulseless Arrest 2012Narrow Complex Tach 2012Wide Complex Tach 2012CHF/Pulmonary Edema 2012
Click here to view the "Fall 2012 CQI Learning Points"
Click here to view the "Summer 2012 CQI Learning Points"
Click here to view the "Winter 2012 CQI Learning Points"
Click here to view the "Summer 2011 CQI Learning Points"
Your Healthcare Expertise Makes the Difference
Laws, Regulations, & Legislation
- EMS Act - Division 2.5 - Health and Safety Code [PDF] [Word] Updated 1/30/2013
- Link to Official California Legislative Information - California Law
Other Laws Referencing the EMS Authority
(CALIFORNIA CODE OF REGULATIONS, TITLE 22)
- Chapter 1: Conflict of Interest Code [PDF]
- Chapter 2: EMT Regulations
- Chapter 3: Advanced EMT Regulations [PDF] [Word]
- Chapter 4: Paramedic Regulations
- Chapter 5: Process for Applicant Verification [PDF] - Limitations on Paramedic Licenses for Aliens.
- Chapter 6: Process for EMT and Advanced EMT Disciplinary Action [PDF] [Word]
- Chapter 7: Trauma Systems Regulations [PDF]
- Chapter 8: Prehospital EMS Air Regulations [PDF]
- Chapter 9: Poison Control Center Regulations [PDF]
- Chapter 10: EMT Registry Regulations [PDF] [Word]
- Chapter 11: EMS Continuing Education [PDF] [Word]
- Chapter 12: EMS System Quality Improvement [PDF] [Word]