Twitter Buttons

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Citrus Heights: Blind Dog Alerts Calif. Family to Blaze

 The pug sounded the alarm before smoke detectors.
 A blind 3-year-old pug gave its Citrus Heights family first warning of a fire Sunday night, officials said.
The Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District fought the blaze in the 7600 block of Woodchuck Way around 11:15 p.m. Sunday and helped residents flee.
Residents indicated the pug alerted them before smoke detectors sounded, officials said. A Metro Fire spokesman said the dog is named Ellie. Her owner was traveling and the woman's parents were dog-sitting. Officials said cigarette butts ignited a back patio, and fire spread to an attic.
The city Fire Department responded Monday to two other attic fires, on the 1200 block of Gary Way in Carmichael and a four-unit apartment on Cava Court in Arden
Just a picture of a pug

Source: DAN HILL THE SACRAMENTO BEE CREATED: 

Twitter links

-
****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.
View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE