San Rafael Fire Department Employment Opportunity FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDICAgency: San Rafael FD
Location: San Rafael, Marin County, CA [View Map]
Final Filing Date: 10/22/2012
Salary: $5,577 - $7,533 per month
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED
- Completion of at least 21 college units
- Completion of CA State Board of fire Services firefighter I curriculum (Academy Graduate) [1-year as a paid firefighter will be accepted in lieu of completion of the firefighter I curriculum]
- EMT-P Certification
- Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess a valid California Paramedic License with the ability to become accredited by the Marin County Emergency Medical Services Agency at the time of appointment*.
- Ability to pass the physical agility exam
*NOTE: Applicants who are registered for enrollment or are currently enrolled in a paramedic program by the final filing date of this recruitment will be accepted to participate in the firefighter/Paramedic written exam. In lieu of certificates, proof of registration of current enrollment must be submitted prior to advancing to an Oral Board interview. The California Paramedic License must be obtained and maintained prior to appointment
Expected Openings :
Dept. Type : Paid
Number of Personnel: 72
To Apply: Apply online at F.D. / City Web Site: www.srhr.orgContact City Hall, 1400 Fifth Avenue, Room 210, San Rafael, CA 94901.
For questions, please call Human Resources at 415-485-3391.
NOTE: The City will host an orientation session for interested candidates to learn more about the City of San Rafael fire Department and the City itself. During this orientation, we will cover test preparation and what the department is looking for in a firefighter. Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn about the City of San Rafael and the issues facing fire service today.
This session will be held on Thursday, September 27 from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 1400 Fifth Avenue, San Rafael, CA 94901.
Please contact Human Resources at 415-485-3391 if you plan to attend.