employee should be asking questions.
- Is the flight necessary?
- Who is in charge?
- Are hazards identified and known?
Should the operation or the flight be stopped due to a change in conditions?
Consider the following:
- Radio Communications
- Environmental Conditions – weather, visibility, terrain, elevation, temperatures
- Mission Priorities
- Successful Mission Completion Probabilities
Is there a better way to do it?
- Is there pressure to complete a mission at all costs?
- Can you justify your actions?
- Is the mission airspace confined or congested?
- Multiple aircraft
- Mixed types of aircraft
- Poor visibility
- Do you have an escape route?
- Are any guidelines being ignored or policies being broken?
- Are communications getting tense?
- Are you deviating from the assigned operation or flight?
References: Incident Response Pocket Guide page 46
6 Minutes Home