The two fires set in Mariposa and Mendocino halls at Sacramento State on Oct. 13 are still under investigation and the suspect remains unknown.
Nearly two months after the fires, CAL-Fire declared the fires were set on purpose as arson attacks. Since then, the University Police Department has investigated the incident along with CAL-Fire and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
“We know the fires were ruled as arson, but we are still looking into them to get to the bottom of it,” said University Police spokesman Scott Christian. “We have to follow up with the leads of the case, so it’s still under active investigation on our end.”
Christian said these investigations are hard to assign a timetable to because of the many variables in catching the suspect.
The first fire was reported in Mendocino Hall and firefighters and police officers responded. Minutes later, another fire was reported in Mariposa Hall and more fire engines responded to the scene. Another fire started in a trashcan near the tennis courts, but it was quickly extinguished.
It has been more than five months since the fires were started, but the investigation still has not found the suspect.
Source: statehornet.com Link