Update: Fire Perimeter Map added
Update: Per the IC talking to 1442, fire is very active and heating up, down at the bottom of his flank.;
Update: Three homes remained threatened as fire spotted across drainage; and hit the ridge.
Calfire spokesman Daniel Berlant says the blaze, which was reported a little before 1 p.m. Thursday, has consumed about 40 acres in an area of steep hills and thick brush.
Berlant says strong winds are helping to fan the fire, while dry brush has been providing fuel for the blaze. Winds should begin calming.
|Soda Canyon Fire|
Fire location and Perimeter Map
- Last Updated: 2100hrs
- Date/Time Started: 1232hrs
- Administrative Unit: Cal Fire Lake Napa Unit
- County: Napa
- City: Napa
- Location: Soda Canyon Road and Silverado Trail, northeast of Napa City
- GPS: Lat 38.435211 / Lon -122.295692
- Acres Burned: 35
- ROS: Moderate
- Containment: 0
- Conditions: Steep hills and thick brush.
- Structure Threats: Yes, three homes remained threatened.
- Special Hazards:
- Evacuations: Yes
- Cause: Vineyard Pile Burn Escape
- Cooperating Agencies:
- Resources: 200+ firefighters on scene, Napa County E-2, E-10, E-217, WT-25, LNU Dz 1446, Dz 1442, Crews on order.
Air Resources: H104 on scene and reporting 25 acres then &
- H101 en route
- Weather Info: humidity 8% with offshore winds gusting 35+ mph
- RR Link: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/a...=wp&feedId=865 Live feed: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=8555732
- Agency Link: CAL FIRE http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=615