Butte County - The county wide burn ban will be lifted as of Wednesday, October 5th at 8:00a.m. While residents of the unincorporated areas of the county may burn, they will be required to obtain a burn permit until the end of Peak Fire Season is declared. Residents are required to contact Butte County Air Quality Management District at 332-9407 to determine if it is a permissible burn day
While predicted cooler temperatures will help to diminish the threat of wildfire, residents are still reminded to use caution while conducting residential dooryard debris burns. CAL FIRE/Butte
Butte County Fire offers the following safety guidelines:
- Burn only clean, dry vegetative waste such as leaves, pine needles and yard clippings.
- Do not burn on windy days.
- Piles should be no larger than four feet in diameter.
- Clear a 10-foot diameter down to bare soil around your piles.
- Keep a water source handy such as a garden hose.
- Fire should never be left unattended.
- Property owners will be held civilly and criminally liable if a fire escapes their control and/or burns on to neighboring property.
California Fire News 2011