| AZ-ASF-Wallow WildlandFire Perimeter and IR progression map|
233,552 acres 0% contained
Credit: Derived from USFS map
6-7-11 Fire Update: 233,552 acres 0% contained
Approximately 2,515 personnel, Including 31 hotshot crews and 25 handcrews.
· Structures threatened: 348 ; Structures lost: 4
· Firefighters continue perimeter control in conjunction with San Carlos and Ft. Apache Indian reservations and continue point protection around values at risk.
· Spot fires occurred up to 3 miles ahead of the fire on the northeast flank due to extreme winds.
· A Red Flag warning remains in effect until 8:00pm due to low humidity and high winds.
Date Started: 5/29/2011
Number of Personnel: Approximately 2,515 personnel, Including 31 hotshot crews and 25 handcrews
Location: south and west of Alpine, Arizona
GPS: 33.602 latitude, -109.449 longitude
Cause: Human - under investigation
Equipment: 12 dozers, 138 engines, 31 watertenders
Size: 233,552 acres (Infrared data as of June 5, 10:09 P.M.)
Aircraft: 22 helicopters
Percent Contained: 0%
Injuries to Date: none
Announcements, Notices: Community Meeting
· A community meeting is being held at the Springerville High School Auditorium, Tuesday, June 7, 6:00p.m.
· Evacuation of the Sunrise and Greer communities was announced this afternoon by the Sheriff's Office.
· The evacuation of Blue River, Alpine and Nutrioso residents remains in effect.
· Evacuations by the Apache County Sheriff's Office included the following subdivisions along highways 180/191: Escudilla Mountain Estates, Bonita, White Mtn. Acres, and the H-V Ranch. This area includes CR 4000, CR 4001, and CR 4225
Pre-evacuation alert issued by Apache County Sheriff's Office for Eager and Springerville.
Catron County Sheriff's Office has issued a pre-evacuation notice to the residents of Luna, New Mexico.
Residents in the communities affected by this fire are asked to remain prepared in the event an order is needed.
Due to extreme fire conditions, the Apache National Forest is closed to all public entry. See website for closure order details. Please see the Forest website for more information: http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf/
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Fire Restrictions: A Temporary Emergency Closure Order for the Apache National Forest was issued effective June 3 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). For more information, please call the Arizona fire restrictions hotline 1-877-864-6985 or visit http://www.wildlandfire.az.gov/.
- Fire Data in Google Earth
- Webcam: Springerville, Round Valley Hs
- Webcam: Sunrise Ski Resort
- Webcam: Greer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Southwest Area Coordination Center
- National Weather Service Fire Weather
- Az Emergency Info Network
- Nm Fire Info
- Az Fire Restrictions
- Smoke Map (meso West)
- Fire Photos on Flickr (a-S Nat'l Forest)