|Arizona: AZ-ASF-Wallow WildFire June 10, 2011 Briefing Map|
One hundred and seventeen law enforcement officers from multiple jurisdictions are working with the incident to ensure public and firefighter safety, as well as protection of property during evacuations.
Wallow Fire Incident Overview:
Date Started: 5/29/2011
Location: south and west of Alpine, Arizona
GPS: 33.602 latitude, -109.449 longitude.
Size: 408,887acres, based on last night's infrared data.
Percent Contained: 6%
Cause: Human - under investigation.
IMT: Joe ReinarzJoe Reinarz`s Type 1 Southwest Area Incident Management Team has North flank of fire, Dugger Hughe`s Type 1 Southwest Area Incident Management Team has West flank.
Number of Personnel: Approximately 4,422, Including 26 hotshot crews and 76 hand crews.
Injuries to Date: 3
Equipment: 28 dozers, 263 engines, 69 water tenders
Aircraft: 15 helicopters, AT-911 Very Large Air Tanker(VLAT)
Residences: 2,714 threatened; 29 destroyed 5 damaged
Structures: 35 destroyed
Other: 1 truck destroyed
·Media should call (480) 331-9554 to coordinate interviews.
·Media Briefing location has been changed to the Becker Lake Wildlife Area on the south side of Hwy 60, north of Springerville.
· Media Briefing at 9 p.m. tonight.
The Blue Ridge evacuation center phone number is (602) 336-6660.
· The evacuation center is located at Blue Ridge High School, 1200 W. White Mtn. Blvd., Pinetop/Lakeside.
· Evacuees of Eagar and Springerville may pick up their mail at Whipple Ranch Elementary School, 1350 N. Central Avenue, in Show Low, AZ, between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
· Full evacuation of Eagar and Springerville. The evacuations were ordered by the Apache County Sheriff's Office on June 8 around 4:00 p.m.
· Sunrise, Greer, Blue River, Alpine, Nutrioso, and the following subdivisions along highways 180/191: Escudilla Mountain Estates, Bonita, White Mtn. Acres, and the H-V Ranch. This area includes County Road (CR) 4000, CR 4001, and CR 4225.
A pre-evacuation alert has been issued by Apache County for Greens Peak, Hidden Meadows Lodge and the surrounding areas.
· A pre-evacuation alert has been issued by Catron County Sheriff's Office for Luna, New Mexico.
Residents in the communities affected by this fire are asked to remain prepared in the event an order is issued.
Residents with livestock or animals that need care should contact the Apache County Sheriff's Office (928) 337-4321 or the Greenlee County Sheriff's Office (928) 865-4149.
Road Closures according to Arizona Department of Transportation: http://www.azdot.gov
- State Route 373, a 4.5 mile-long highway that connects the town of Greer in eastern Arizona with SR 260 west of Eagar, is closed.
- US 191 is closed between Alpine and north of Clifton (mileposts 176-253).
- State Routes 261 and 273, the main access roads to Big Lake and Crescent Lake in the White Mountains, are closed. SR 261 is closed starting approximately seven miles south of SR 260 to Crescent Lake (mileposts 395-413). SR 273 is closed between the SR 260 junction and the SR 261 junction (mileposts 378-394).
- US 180 is closed between the SR 260 junction near Eagar and the New Mexico state line (mileposts 403-433).
Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Fire Restrictions: A temporary emergency closure order
was issued effective June 3 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). For more information, please call the Arizona fire restrictions hotline (877) 864-6985 or visit http://www.publiclands.org/firenews/AZ.php.
Tonight's community meeting at Blue Ridge High School in Pinetop/Lakeside (6 p.m.) will be broadcast by City 4 TV Cable 1 Channel 4 at 8 p.m.
Public information will continue to be available by Twitter, Flickr, http://www.inciweb.org/, regular email updates as well as by phone at (928) 333-3412, (702) 308-3238, (702) 308-3357, or (702) 308-8227. Information will also be available at the evacuation center located at Blue Ridge High School in Pinetop/Lakeside.
More Wallow Fire Information Resources:
Fire Information: 928-333-3412 (Daily from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
Website Info: www.inciweb.org Twitter: www.twitter.com/AS NF
Flickr (photos): www.flickr.com/apachesitgreavesnf
Interactive Fire Progression Map: http://www.azcentral.com/news/wildfires/wallow/wallow-fire-timeline.php
Related Incident Links
- Fire Data in Google Earth
- Webcam: Springerville, Round Valley Hs
- Webcam: Sunrise Ski Resort
- Webcam: Greer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Southwest Area Coordination Center
- National Weather Service Fire Weather
- Az Emergency Info Network
- Nm Fire Info
- Az Fire Restrictions
- Smoke Map (meso West)
- Fire Photos on Flickr (a-S Nat'l Forest)
- NOAA Smoke and Hazard Maps
- Twitter (as_nf)
- Az 511 Travel Conditions
- Nasa Earth Observatory: Wallow Fire Images
- Viewing The Wallow Fire in Google Earth
- Wildfire Smoke & Your Health
- Arizona Firewise
- Twitpic (as_nf)