The San Carlos city council unanimously voted to partner with Redwood City last night on a "shared services/collaborative" hybrid FD, with more than 150 vocally passionate attendees, many of whom held anti-Wackenhut signs in opposition of the private for-profit company who wanted the contract.
The hybrid proposal will save the city $1.8 million. As a back-up plan, the city also voted to 3-2 to re invite the private firm Wackenhut Services to re bid should negotiations with Redwood City fail.
- Redwood City will provide four firefighters staffing "Truck 9" out of Fire Station 9.
- Supervision and scene management will be provided by Redwood City
- Administrative staff will be provided by Redwood City including Fire Chief, Deputy Fire Chief, an administrative assistant, a secretary, and another secretary working out of the 755 Marshall Street office.
- A fire inspector will be assigned to San Carlos.
- Training services will be provided by Redwood City's battalion Chief.
- San Carlos would maintain an EMS battalion chief.