- The county has open hours for pile burning.
- Ensure safe hazard- reduction burning, clear flammable material and vegetation within 10 feet of the outer edge of the pile and keep a water supply at hand.
- An adult should be nearby with a shovel until the fire is out.
- No burning should be done unless weather conditions, especially wind, are safe.
- No household trash or garbage can be burned.
Burn permits can be obtained at Mariposa Cal Fire headquarters. Conditions will be monitored, and Cal Fire can modify the restrictions or discontinue burning as appropriate.
Mariposa County and Merced Residents are required to call an information line at (209) 966-1200 before burning a pile.