Due to expected gusty winds and the continuing warm and dry days, CalFire and County Fire Departments urge residents to use caution while conducting vegetation debris bums and have consideration for their neighbors while burning by observing the following guidelines:
- - Never burn on windy days.
- - Scrape a clearance of at least 10 feet to bare soil around bum piles.
- - Always have a shovel and water supply nearby.
- - Fire should never be left unattended.
- - Check Air Pollution Control for burn day status.
- - Burn only clean dry vegetative waste such as leaves, pine needles, and yard clippings.
- - Piles are to be no larger than four feet in diameter and four feet high. If your pile is larger, break it down to a smaller size and add to it as the pile burns down.
For more information concerning safe and legal burning, contact your nearest CalFire, County Fire Station or your local Air Pollution Control Office.