The minimum qualification to participate in the Fire Fighter I Examination is that you must be 18 years of age at the time of appointment to a Firefighter I position.
You must file a Fire Fighter I application at CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department headquarters located at 210 West San Jacinto Avenue, in Perris to be considered for appointment. The filing period for each fire season is the first business day of November through the last business day of January.
CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department staffs fire engines, squads, and ambulances with fire paramedics throughout the county. In fact, more than two-thirds of the 93 fire stations have paramedics assigned to them. If you are a certified paramedic and are interested in working for the CAL FIRE/Riverside County Fire Department, click here for a Standard State Application (STD 678). Riverside County Fire is part of CAL FIRE, and all hiring processes are through the State of California.
- Documentation of 3 months of full time fire fighting experience
- Documentation of 1 year as a certified volunteer fire fighter
- Documentation of Completion of a Fire Academy (200-300 hrs)
- Documentation of 1 year as a Fire Prevention Specialist I and successful completion of the mandatory training courses prescribed for a CDF FFI.
- Valid California paramedic license
- You will need a valid driver’s license prior to appointment
- You must be at least 18 years of age