Monday, October 11, 2010

CAL FIRE: Chief Walters monthly Chief's Message announces his retirement

Chief Walters' Monthly Message

October is a month of awareness, observance and remembrance. As we see and feel the change of seasons, it is a time for reflection. In doing so, I have recently reached a decision that I want to share. I will be retiring from CAL FIRE at the end of the year.

My wife, Janet, has been battling Multiple Sclerosis and a number of other disorders for over 25 years. During September, she experienced a profound decline in her health. I have often advised those who work for me to know their priorities in life and act accordingly. It is time to follow my own advice.

I made it known to those who asked that it was my desire to continue working into the next administration. Like the leaves of autumn, things change.

I debated when to make the announcement. No one wants to be thought of as a lame duck, but I do believe I owe it to those who will take this department into the future to know my plans. I hope it will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I intend to remain fully engaged until my last day, so this is not a goodbye message. It is more fair warning to the people of CAL FIRE to buckle down and prepare for a very busy three months.

Chief's signature
Del Walters, Chief
Director

Original article link

No comments:

Post a Comment

CAL FIRE NEWS LOVES COMMENTS...
- Due to rampant abuse, we are no longer posting anonymous comments. Please use your real OpenID, Google, Yahoo, AIM, Twitter, Flickr name.


Twitter Buttons

****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." --Abraham Lincoln

View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE

Subscribe via email to California Fire News - Keep track of Cal Fire News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner