June 30, 2007 San Luis Obispo- Units from several fire agencies are fighting a fire behind the Cal Poly dorms.
The fire started at about 8am Saturday. A spokesperson for Cal Fire says the fire has burned more than 120 acres. A line has been cut around 20% of the fire.
There are no evacuations at this time.
UPDATES FROM AROUND THE NET:
- Fire around 20 acres, ran to the top of the ridge. Burning in grass and brush, with potential to burn around structures. Appears mostly contained with one open flank that the tankers are hitting now.
- Air attack reported approx. 100 acres when they initially arrived on scene and has requested a total of 4 airtankers and 2 helo's. strike team of structure protection in addition to a strike team of type 3 engines on scene. Three additional type 3 engines just dispatched.
- 120 acres, 25% contained, Structrure threat deminishing
- Resources: 1 Air Attack, 4 air tankers, 2 helos, 10 type 3 engines, 2 s/t Local Gov engines, 1 s/t Dozers, 6 hand crews.
- http://gisfireguy.googlepages.com/20...U_966_POLY.kml as of 1000 hrs approx