|Family Evacuating From SBF Mountain Fire 7-17-13|
Important things to include in your Family Disaster Plan are:
- Meeting locations away from your home, communication plans and evacuation plans for your family and your pets.
- Identify where your gas, water and electrical shut-offs are and how to use them.
- Plan several evacuation routes in your neighborhood and drive them so you are familiar with them day or night.
- Assemble emergency supply kits and have them ready for yourself, family and animals.
- Don’t forget to include a portable radio and/or scanner so you can stay updated on critical fire information
- Preparing and practicing your Family Disaster Plan are critical. Being READY for wildfire season is your best defense. Preplanning for a disaster can save your life and the lives of the ones you love