Sunday, July 6, 2008

Info: A apology from CFN

Tree torching on the Butte Complex - Camp fire
Credit: Cal Fire News
Dear readers, As the editor of Cal Fire news I apologize for the lack of the consistent updates and information that you have come to expect from my authors and most of all from myself.

I have been assigned to a Butte fire complex as a water tender operator and have been unable to update the site as regularly and informatively as you have come to expect from California Fire News, my first commitment is to Cal fire, which includes getting proper rest, Cal Fire News has to come somewhere after that.

My other authors that I had arranged for have simply gone MIA and or have other commitments themselves during critical evacuations and once again I apologize.
I assure you I will soon try to get more authors on board to bring you the quality of information you were used too.

To new readers of this site please check back regularly as we bring new authors onboard and remove the deadwood you will soon experience the quality of information that this site as become known for.

If you would like to be a Cal Fire news author please contact me at rocdad@gmail.com

To the water tender drivers that answered my advertisement especially the ones that have sent the requested information and qualifications I will contact you all soon in regards to helping you find fireline work.

1 comment:

  1. Its good to know you're ok.. I was beginning to wonder.. :-) I sort of figured you were out on the firelines somewhere.. hehe..

    Try and stay safe, ok?

    ReplyDelete

CAL FIRE NEWS LOVES COMMENTS...
- Due to rampant abuse, we are no longer posting anonymous comments. Please use your real OpenID, Google, Yahoo, AIM, Twitter, Flickr name.


Twitter Buttons

****REMINDER**** Every fire has the ability to be catastrophic. The wildland fire management environment has profoundly changed. Growing numbers of communities, across the nation, are experiencing longer fire seasons; more frequent, bigger, and more severe, fires are a real threat. Be careful with all campfires and equipment.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." --Abraham Lincoln

View blog top tags
---------------------
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO TOP OF CALIFORNIA FIRE NEWS HOME PAGE

Subscribe via email to California Fire News - Keep track of Cal Fire News

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner