Wednesday, December 18, 2013

San Bernardino Firefighters & Union Help Family Recover From House Fire #CaFire

The firefighters took the family to Walmart for a shopping spree to help them start over. Firefighters were able to raise a few thousand dollars to help the family get on their feet. But it didn’t stop there.

The firefighters loaded up the family in fire trucks and took them on a $5,000 shopping spree at Walmart and Home Depot to outfit a new place to rent

RIALTO, Calif. — A Rialto family that lost everything when their home burned down five days ago will have a merry Christmas after all, thanks to Rialto firefighters, Walmart and Home Depot.
Milton Lopez, Michelle Montano and their two children found themselves homeless when the home they shared burned down.
Firefighters along with the Rialto Fire Management union Local 3688 worked diligently to find shelter for the family of four. But the first responders wanted to do more for the family with Christmas just around the corner.
Home Depot at 1451 W. Foothill Blvd. in Rialto donated a brand new stove, microwave, a Christmas tree with everything needed to decorate it to the family.
“We are honored to partner with the Rialto Fire Department to help this family during this tragic time,” store manager Charles Baldwin said. “The Home Depot corporate culture is about giving back to the community.”
Walmart officials helped the family as well by donating a Walmart gift card to them.
Rialto firefighters were dispatched to reports of a house on fire on the 300 block of North Olive Avenue around 1:50 a.m. Dec. 12. Smoke and flames were visible from blocks away, according to fire officials.
Firefighters found the home fully engulfed with heavy fire coming from the roof and throughout the house.
The family had already escaped the blaze with their lives when firefighters arrived on scene.
It took firefighters with help from San Bernardino County and City Fire Departments more than an hour to extinguish the blaze, fire officials said.
Fire investigators determined the origin of the fire was from faulty wiring.
Source: San Bernardino County Sun

---------------------------------------------
Post a Comment

Search Cal Fire News

Twitter links

-

Twitter Buttons