OPENING DATE: 11/20/13, 3:00 PM PST
CLOSING DATE: 11/20/13, 7:00 PM PST
The City of Napa Fire Department, established in 1906, proudly serves the 75,000 residents of the City of Napa, California with a mission of “Always Here, Always Ready, Serving You With Pride and Excellence.” The Department will soon begin recruiting to establish an eligibility list to fill one Firefighter vacancy.
The list may be used to fill future full-time vacancies as they occur during the active status of the employment list.
The active status of this employment list will be at least 1 year unless abolished sooner or
extended beyond that date in accordance with the Civil Service Rules.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED NOVEMBER 20, 2013 BETWEEN 3:00 PM AND 7:00 PM PST.
All applications, required documents and answers to the supplemental questions as outlined in the job bulletin must be received by 7:00 PM PST on November 20, 2013. Applications are accepted online at www.cityofnapajobs.org. The City accepts no responsibility for technical difficulties encountered in filing application materials electronically.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: (Certificates must be attached to your online application. Certificates send via fax, e-mail, U.S. mail, or delivered in person will not be accepted.)
• Completed Employment Application (only online applications will be accepted)
• Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
• State of California Firefighter 1 Certificate
• State of California Emergency Medical Technician Level 1 certification
• CPAT card of completion issued within 12 months of the final filing date. (Click here to learn more about upcoming CPAT testing schedules.)
• Signed and dated Applicant Disqualification Policy (page #5 of the policy), indicating that you have read and understand the Napa City Fire Department's Applicant Disqualification Policy for Firefighter and Firefighter/Paramedic applicants.
Click here to visit the City of Napa Fire Department Homepage
Click here to review the City of Napa Disqualification Policy for Firefighter and Firefighter/Paramedic applicants
Click here to review the Napa City Firefighter Association's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Click here to review the benefit summary sheet for Napa City Firefighter's Association (NCFA)
Candidates submitting application materials for Firefighter will only be considered for vacancies in this classification.
Candidates wishing to be considered for Firefighter/Paramedic vacancies will need to file a separate application packet in conjunction with a separate recruitment process.
For additional information regarding the Firefighter/Paramedic recruitment, please refer to the notice of upcoming recruitment at www.cityofnapajobs.org. For questions concerning the recruitment process call our recruitment hotline at (707)257-9392.