Apartment Fire Displaces Two Families
PIO Assigned: Fire Captain Kenny Yellen
Contact Number: 909.384.5401
Date: November 13, 2012
Location: 200 E. 30th Street
Time of the call: 8:07 P.M.
First Unit on the scene: 8:11 P.M. Battalion 607
Number of Units: 13 units – 2 Chief Officers,8 Medic Engines, 2 Ladder Trucks, 1 Air Light unit
Number of Firefighters: 32
Injuries: One resident (smoke inhalation)
Property Value Saved: $ 500,000
Property Lost: $ 25,000 structural damage, $5,000 in contents
• Large three-story apartment complex.
• Light smoke seen from outside of one apartment unit.
• No occupants in apartment at time of blaze.
• Fire was contained within twenty minutes.
• Fire was contained to the apartment, however, three other units sustained smoke damage.
• Two families living in adjacent units were displaced.
• One resident treated by firefighters for smoke inhalation.
• Fire originated in the kitchen and determined suspicious.
• The affected apartments had operating smoke detectors.
Posted: 13 Nov 2012 11:28 PM PST
Contact: Battalion Chief Tony Page