|Map of California Wildfire Locations, Perimeters and Hot Spots|
Initial attack activity: Light (153 new fires)
New large fires: 7 (*)
Large fires contained: 5
Uncontained large fires: ** 35
Area Command Teams committed: 1
NIMOs committed: 2
Type 1 IMTs committed: 9
Type 2 IMTs committed: 13
** Uncontained large fires include only fires being managed under a full suppression
Four MAFFS C-130 aircraft and support personnel from the 302nd Airlift Wing, Colorado Springs (US Air Force Reserve), and the 153rd Airlift Wing, Cheyenne (Wyoming Air National Guard) are supporting wildland fire suppression operations out of Boise, ID. One MAFFS from the 145th Airlift Wing, Charlotte (North Carolina Air National Guard), along with one MAFFS from the 146th Airlift Wing, Channel Islands (California Air National Guard) are supporting wildland fire suppression operations out of Sacramento, CA.
Southern California Area (PL 3)
New fires: 39
New large fires: 0
Uncontained large fires: 2
Type 2 IMTs committed: 2
CA-ANF- Copco Fire; 145 acres, 100%.
Northern California Area (PL 4)
New fires: 38
New large fires: 1
Uncontained large fires: 13
NIMOs committed: 1
Type 1 IMTs committed: 5
Type 2 IMTs committed: 4
Note: Was formerly the Kekaha Fire 12.
Tehama-Glenn Unit, Cal Fire. Cal Fire IMT 1 (Kaslin).
CA-SHU- August Lightning Fire. 201 acres. 85%.
Fire Behavior: Dry fuels and spotting are control problems.
CA-SHF- Bagley Complex Fire. 260 acres. 0%.
CA-PNF- Chips Fire. 47,040 acres. 32%.
Plumas NF. IMT 1 (Opliger). The fire behavior moderated throughout the evening.
New Evacuations and road closures in effect.
- Mandatory Evacuation of Prattville is now in effect.
- Mandatory Evacuation still in effect for Canyon Dam and Big Meadows area.
- Voluntary Evacuation is in place for Almanor.
- An Advisory is in effect to all West Almanor and East Shore residents (Hwy. 147) advising of the potential threat of the fire to the areas.
Due to current weather conditions and fire behavior the following Road Closures, Evacuation Orders and Sheriff's Advisement are in effect.
- Sheriff's Mandatory Evacuation- Caribou Road from Hwy 70 to the Butt Lake Dam
- Sheriff's Mandatory Evacuation- Butt Lake Area, Ohio Valley, Humbug and Humboldt Area, and Yellow Creek Area.
- Sheriff's Mandatory Evacuations- Seneca.
- Sheriff's Mandatory Evacuation- Canyon Dam and Big Meadows.
- -Sheriff's Mandatory Evacuation- Prattville.
- Rush Creek Road evacuation has been lifted to Voluntary status.
- Hwy 70 from Tobin to Twain.
- Almanor West
- Caribou Road to Butt Lake Dam from Highway 70- "Hard Closure"
- Rush Creek Road from Highway 70 - Open to residents only.
- All additional secondary roads North of Highway 70 between Rock Creek Dam and Twain from Highway 70- "Soft Closures"
- Seneca Road from Highway 89 - "Hard Closure"
- Butt Lake Dam, Ohio Valley Road, Butt Lake Road, Humbug/Humboldt Road and all additional secondary roads West of Highway 89 between Canyon Dam and the Humbug/Humboldt Road from Highway 89- "Hard Closure".
- Hwy 89 between Butt Lake Road and Hwy 147- "Hard Closure"
- Lake Almanor Drive West between Butt Lake/Prattville Road and Hwy. 89- "Hard Closure"
CA-NOD- Rush Fire. 270,683 acres. 50% contained.
CA-MEU- Pass Fire. 5,130 acres. 10% contained.
Fire Behavior: Extreme fire behavior. The fire laid down over night under an inversion.
CA-LNP- Reading Fire. 27,887 acres. 51% contained.
Fire Behavior: Moderate fire activity with short-range spotting. Minimal fire behavior with smoldering was observed last night. A Red Flag Warning is in effect due to high winds and low relative humidities.
CA-KNF- Fort Complex Fires. 5,631 acres. 41%.
CA-BTU- Mill Fire. 1,645 acres. 45% contained.